The Programme and Speakers for the 2014 E-Cigarette Summit –Science Regulation and Public Health have now been confirmed and can be viewed on the website www.e-cigarette-summit.com. Following on from the unprecedented success of the inaugural Summit in 2013, this year’s event hosts an outstanding line up of the leading experts from the regulatory, policy, scientific and health communities and offers all stakeholders a neutral and comprehensive analysis of the critical issues and debates that surround e-cigarettes. A downloadable version of the programme is available here. The E-Cigarette Summit will take place at The Royal Society on Thursday November 13th full details for the event, speakers, timings and topics can be found at www.e-cigarette-summit.com.The Summit has a maximum capacity of 300 places and is likely to be oversubscribed. If you would like to ensure you have a place, pleaseregister as soon as possible.
There’s no doubt that e-cigarettes remain one of the most controversial public health issues of a generation and have created unprecedented divisions within long standing professional alliances across the tobacco control, public health and scientific communities. The E-Cigarette Summit provides a unique opportunity to look beyond the rhetoric and understand the critical issues that lie behind these differing perspectives and policy positions. The Summit will explore why these divisions exist -despite a continued shared goal of eliminating the tobacco and smoking epidemic – and provide a much needed neutral and impartial platform to explore whether e-cigarettes are a dangerous unknown that pose a risk not just to users but also to bystanders or a positive harm reduction product that could save the lives of millions. Whatever your views, the E-Cigarette Summit remains a must attend event.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof. Ann McNeill (Chair Person) – Professor of Tobacco Addiction (UKCTAS)
- Prof. Robert West – Professor of Health Psychology and Director of Tobacco Studies (CRUK)
- Alette Addison – Team Leader, Tobacco Control (EU) Department of Health (DoH)
- Rosanne O’Conner – Director, Public Health England (PHE), Alcohol Drugs and Tobacco
- Alan Depauw – Vice President (AIDUCE) French users group.
- Dr Alan Marshall – Pharmaceutical Assessor, Licensing Division MHRA
- Louise Ross – Stop Smoking Services and Tobacco Control Manager, Leicestershire NHS Trust
- Ian Gray, MBE – Principal Policy Officer, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Prof. Peter Hajek – Professor of Clinical Psychology, Queen Mary University, London
- Dr Jacques Le Houezec – Consultant in Public Health, Tobacco Dependence, Amzer Glas
- Shahriar Coupal –Director of Advertising Policy and Practice, Advertising Standards Authority
- Dr Scott Steedman CBE, FREng – Director of Standards, British Standards Institution
- Dr Konstantinos Farsalinos – Researcher, Onassis Caridac Surgery Centre, Greece
- Prof. Ricardo Polosa – Director of the Institute for Internal Medicine, University of Catania
- David Sweanor – Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa
- Prof Linda Bauld – Professor of Health Policy, University of Stirling and UKCTAS
- Clive Bates – Public Health Campaigner/Advocate, Owner of The Counterfactual
- Prof Jean Francois-Etter – Professor of Public Health, University of Geneva
- Deborah Arnott – Chief Executive Officer, Action on Smoking (ASH)
23 October 2014