This year, the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons has formed partnerships with the British Orthodontic Society (BOS), the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry (BSPD), the British Association for the Study of Community Dentistry (BASCD) and the British Society of Periodontology (BSP) and will be offering a number of research fellowships and small grants under the theme of ‘Promoting Children’s Oral Health’:
- A Joint FDS RCSEng-BOS for up to two fellowships which will normally be awarded for up to 3 years and is intended to support a clinical trainee in orthodontics to undertake a PhD.
- Joint FDS RCSEng-BSPD small grants for up to £10,000 and are intended to support research into the oral health of children in the broadest sense.
- Joint FDS RCSEng-BASCD small grants for up to £10,000 and are intended to support research designed to benefit community or population oral health.
- Joint FDS RCSEng-BSP small grants for up to £10,000 and are intended to support research into periodontal disease in the broadest sense.
In addition to this, the Faculty will continue to invite applications for the FDS Research Fellowships, the FDS Small Grants and the Special 2017 FDS RCSEng 70th Anniversary Research Fellowship:
- 2017 is the 70th anniversary year of the Faculty of Dental Surgery. The theme of our anniversary celebrations will be innovations and the future of dentistry. This one-year fellowship will therefore be awarded for a research project that will support the development, implementation or evaluation of new innovations or emerging technologies applied to any aspect of dentistry.
- Research fellowships of up to two years duration to support clinical trainees to obtain research training. The proposed research should be of relevance to oral and dental research.
- Up to five small research grants up to the value of £10,000 each per year. These small grants are designed to meet research consumables costs for new or existing projects.
Applications are now open and will close on 27 January 2017 at 5pm.
If you have any queries please contact Nikki Walcott: email@example.com
Further details at: https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/dental-faculties/fds/research/
28 October 2016 – Click here for 2017 FDS Research Fellowships and Grants poster