The highlights for the BSODR 2017 annual meeting, which will be held in Plymouth from 6th-8th September, are shown below. The details will be continually updated, so please keep checking back for the latest information.
- Graham Embery Lecture: Prof Mike Lewis, School of Dentistry, Cardiff University: title tbc
- Keynote Lecture: Prof Jonathan Grant, Director of the Policy Institute, King’s College London: Assessing the impact of biomedical and health research
- TC White Lecture: speaker and title tbc
- BDA: Peter Dyer, President of BDA: Challenges facing the future of dentistry
- Launch of the James Lind Alliance Priority Setting Partnerships: http://www.jla.nihr.ac.uk/about-the-james-lind-alliance/about-psps.htm
– OMIG: Life at the host-pathogen interface
– MINTIG: Application of approaches for imaging and their translation in (craniofacial) hard tissue structures
– Methods symposium: (sponsored by NIHR Clinical Research Network)
- Oral sessions
- Poster sessions
- Senior and Junior Colgate Prize sessions
- Unilever Poster Prize session
Social (free unless stated otherwise)
Early Career Researcher Breakfast – this breakfast session is aimed at ECRs who are members of BSODR. The session aims to provide a relaxed atmosphere for ECRs to network and a chance to learn more about BSODR and the benefits it can bring for career progression.
Welcome Reception – National Marine Aquarium: http://www.national-aquarium.co.uk/
The National Marine Aquarium is built on reclaimed land in Plymouth, adjacent to Sutton Harbour, next to the Barbican area and famous fish market. It was opened in 1998, and has important objectives in marine research, education and conservation. It is the largest aquarium in the United Kingdom. The theme of the evening is a ‘Taste of the West’ and entertainment will be provided by the Exmouth Shanty Men (the original buoy band).
Conference Dinner (£65) – Stonehouse Barracks
Stonehouse Barracks is a military installation at Stonehouse, Plymouth, set in historically magnificent buildings. It is the headquarters of 3 Commando Brigade and referred to as ‘the spiritual home of the Royal Marines’.
There will also be a full trade exhibition at the meeting. The BSODR Annual Business meeting will take place at 5.00pm on Thursday 7th September.
Please keep up to date with meeting details and further announcements here.
14 June 2017