This year, the Faculty has formed partnerships with the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry (BSPD), the Association of British Academic Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABAOMS) and the British Society for Oral Medicine (BSOM) and will be offering a number of research fellowships and pump-priming grants:
- A Joint FDS RCSEng-BSPD fellowship should related to research promoting children’s oral health and will support a clinical trainee in Paediatric Dentistry who is pursuing an academic career and research training.
- Joint FDS RCSEng-ABAOMS pump-priming grants for up to £10,000 and are intended to support research in Oral Surgery and OMFS. This grant is for researchers and clinicians who are not yet established and have not completed either a PhD and/or clinical training.
- Joint FDS RCSEng -BSOM pump-priming grants for up to £10,000 and are intended to support research designed to benefit community or population oral health, and should be related to the field of Oral Medicine.
In addition to this, the Faculty will continue to invite applications for the FDS Research Fellowships and the FDS Pump-Priming Grants:
- Research fellowships of up to two years duration to support clinical trainees to obtain research training. The proposed research should be of relevance to oral and dental research.
- Up to five pump-priming research grants up to the value of £10,000 each per year. These grants are designed to meet research consumables costs for new or existing projects.
Applications are now open and will close on 16th February 2018 at 5pm. I would be very grateful if you could please disseminate this information and the attached poster to any parties that may find this of interest.
If you have any queries please contact Nikki Walcott: firstname.lastname@example.org
14 December 2017 2018 FDS Research Poster