This year, the Faculty of Dental Surgery (FDS) of the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) has formed partnerships with the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry (BSPD), the British Society of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology (BSDMFR) and the British Society for Oral Medicine (BSOM) and will be offering a research fellowship and a number of pump-priming grants:
- A Joint FDS RCSEng-BSPD fellowship should be related to research promoting children’s oral health and will support a clinical trainee in Paediatric Dentistry who is pursuing an academic career and research training.
- Joint FDS RCSEng-BSDMFR pump-priming grants for up to £10,000 and are intended to support research related to dental maxillofacial radiology. The bursary seeks entries from a small team with at least one of the applicants being a dental maxillofacial radiologist at consultant or specialty registrar level.
- Joint FDS RCSEng-BSOM pump-priming grants for up to £10,000 and are intended to support research designed to benefit community or population oral health, and should be related to the field of Oral Medicine.
In addition to this, the Faculty will continue to invite applications for the FDS Research Fellowships and the FDS Pump-Priming Grants:
- Research fellowship to support clinical trainees to obtain research training. The proposed research should be of relevance to oral and dental research.
- Up to five pump-priming research grants up to the value of £10,000 each per year. These grants are designed to meet research consumables costs for new or existing projects.
Applications are now open and will close on 25th January 2019 at 5pm. For more information and the application forms please visit the FDS website: www.rcseng.ac.uk/fds/research
If you have any queries please contact Nikki Walcott: firstname.lastname@example.org
9 November 2018 2019 FDS research fellowships and grants