Welcome to the BSODR
The British Society for Oral and Dental Research (BSODR) was formed to advance research and increase knowledge for the improvement of oral health in the United Kingdom.
Past and future meetings
BSODR 2021 Annual Meeting: Birmingham, 1st to 3rd September.
For further details can be found here.
Abstract submission site is now open, click here.
• Call for abstracts and meeting registration opens: Monday 15th March 2021.
• Call for abstracts closes: Monday 17th May 2021.
• Early Bird registration closes: Friday 30th July 2021.
Details on student bursaries available to attend the meeting can be found HERE
Objectives of BSODR
Our primary objectives are:
- To support and represent the oral health research community in the UK.
- To encourage junior workers to become involved in oral and dental research.
- To facilitate the dissemination and application of research findings relating to oral health and the interactions between oral and systemic health.
The Society is a Division of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR) and also a member of a federation of European research societies – Pan European Region (PER). The members of the PER are the IADR divisions from Great Britain, Continental Europe, Ireland, Israel and Scandinavia (NOF).
Under various names, the BSODR has been meeting since 1953, but even before that, groups of British researchers had been meeting in London since 1931. The Society therefore has a long and rich heritage.
Now, the BSODR meets on an annual basis. Meetings alternate between the UK and a joint meeting with our PER partners.
Recent meetings have been held in Durham (2007), PER-London (2008), Glasgow (2009), PER-Barcelona (2010), Sheffield (2011), PER-Helsinki (2012), Bath (2013), PER-Dubrovnik (2014), Cardiff (2015), PER-Jerusalem (2016), Plymouth (2017), IADR-London (2018), Leeds (2019) and Birmingham (2021). Future meetings will include PER-Marseille (2022), London-QMUL (2023) and Newcastle (2024).