We are delighted to announce that the next BSODR ECR Conference will take place in Bristol on 7th February 2024.
PGR, PGT and UGT students, as well as postdoctoral researchers and early career lecturers are welcome to attend.
The theme is ” Big Data in HealthCare Research”.
Details about registration and abstract submission, accommodation etc. to follow.
Follow us for the latest updates on the BSODR website and social media pages and on the event social media pages:
We would also encourage you to share these links with your colleagues.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bristol!
BSODR ECR Conference 2024 Organising Committee
Highlighted Sessions Topics and Speakers:
- Population-based resources: Prof. Nic Timpson from Bristol Medical School.
- Clinical trial data and patient response management: Ms. Kerry Humphries from Cleft Collective, Bristol Dental School. Clinical trials
- Genomic epidemiology pitfalls: Dr. Tom Dudding, Bristol Dental School. Genetic epidemiology
- Risk assessment: Dr. Simon Haworth, Bristol Dental School.
- Data science for AMR and omics: Prof. Andrew Dowsey from Bristol Veterinary School.
- Dr. Phil Lewis from University of Bristol Proteomics Facility.
- Research funding: Ms. Suzanne Mills from the University of Bristol Division of Research, Enterprise and Innovation
3-Minute Pitch Competition:
Opportunity for ECRs to present their research in either clinical or basic science categories. Please fill in the form through the link or via the QR code attached to the promotion posters. (to be issued in the coming days)
A winning prize for each category of £150 will be awarded.
Early Bird (Closes 22nd December 2023):
Early Bird BSODR Member Meeting only: £15
Early Bird BSODR Member Meeting and Social event: £30
Early Bird Non-BSODR Member Meeting only: £30
Early Bird Non-BSODR Member Meeting and Social event: £45
Post Early Bird:
BSODR Member Meeting only: £40
BSODR Member Meeting and Social event: £55
Non-BSODR Member Meeting only: £50
Non-BSODR Member Meeting and Social event: £65
Social Networking Event:
Location: Veeno, 1 Glass Wharf, Bristol BS2 0EL (5 minute walk from the Bristol Dental School and Bristol Temple Meads Train Station)
Price: £15 (Included in Meeting and Social Event Ticket option)
The event will be subsidised by BSODR for meeting attendees and will include a selection of Italian cuisine appetizers, pizzas and drinks.
Early Bird Tickets closing on the 10th Janaury 2024 23:59
3-Minute Pitch applications closing on the 1oth January 2024 23:59
Meeting and Social Event Tickets closing on the 26th of January 12:00
Meeting Tickets closing on the 1st of February 12:00